Easy, budget-friendly, and ready in under 1 hour! This easy hamburger casserole recipe has layers of saucy beef, tender noodles, and oodles of melted cheese then baked until bubbly. It’s so good it’s been on the menu at least once a month lately!
Hamburger casserole is one-dish comfort food at its finest. Pasta Shells are mixed with ground beef and then topped with with cheese and baked to bubbly perfection (love this combo – try our baked mac and cheese, too!). Since it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare, this hearty casserole recipe is perfect for a quick meal on busy nights.
- 1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- garlic, salt & pepper to taste
How To Make Hamburger Casserole
- Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease and 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown and chop the ground beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper (or any seasoning of your choice).
- Add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, a half cup of water and HALF of the cheese to your skillet with the browned beef; stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into your greased dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes (I also like to turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese).
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.