Dinner tonight is going to be a bit different than our usual fare. I’m going to be cooking up a recipe that I found on the internet called shipwreck dinner.
It sounds a bit fancier than our usual weeknight meal, but it’s actually really simple to make. Plus, it’s sure to be a big hit with the kids.
Shipwreck Dinner is on the menu tonight and we bet you have never heard of it before. It sounds like something people put together while crossing the sea for months at a time, but we really don’t know the origin of this tasty dish. What we do know is it’s super cheap and easy to feed your large, growing family.
- 1 lb Beef, Ground
- 1 Box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Unprepared
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Can Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Salt to taste
How To Make Shipwreck Dinner
- Saute the ground beef in a saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat until completely browned. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the powdered cheese mix and noodles from the Kraft mac and cheese box to the skillet or saucepan. Stir to combine well.
- Place the tomatoes, milk, frozen corn, frozen peas, and salt to taste.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 12-15 minutes until the noodles are tender.
- Top with the shredded cheese, allow to melt, and serve.