This Country Apple Fritter Bread is for anyone who appreciates the heartwarming taste of apple fritters but desires the convenience of a loaf. It’s a perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or any occasion where you want to impress with your baking prowess. The combination of fresh apples, aromatic cinnamon, and a heavenly glaze makes this bread a showstopper on any dining table.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use other fruits besides apples?
A: Absolutely! Experiment with pears, peaches, or berries to create your unique twist on this recipe.
Q: Can I freeze the Country Apple Fritter Bread?
A: Yes, you can freeze the bread for up to three months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.
Q: Can I make the glaze ahead of time?
A: Certainly! Prepare the glaze and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to use, gently warm it in the microwave and drizzle over the cooled bread.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
Before you dive into the recipe, make sure you have the following kitchen equipment on hand:
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Toothpick for testing doneness
- Foil and non-stick spray for easy removal
- 1/3 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup White sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Apples, peeled and chopped (any kind)
- Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a 9×5-inch loaf pan by greasing it with non-stick spray or lining it with foil and spraying it for easy removal.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set this mixture aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the white sugar and softened butter until it becomes smooth and creamy. Then, beat in the eggs one at a time until they’re well blended. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add this mixture gradually into the creamed butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Mix the milk into the batter until it becomes smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Then, add half of the chopped apple mixture and half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Gently press the apple mixture into the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer and top it with the rest of the apple mixture, followed by the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly press the apples into the batter and swirl the brown sugar mixture through the apples using a knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar and milk or cream until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Allow the bread to cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling it with the glaze.
Enjoy your Country Apple Fritter Bread!