- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups peaches, sliced
- Juice from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour melted butter into a baking dish. Set aside.
- Add peaches and 3/4 cup sugar to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Using a small measuring cup (1/4 cup works well), drop peaches evenly over the batter.
- Bake until golden brown and set, 40-50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!