- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 large clove of garlic (pressed)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 375 F.
Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, onion, if using, parsley, garlic powder or pressed garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Toss to blend the ingredients and coat the potatoes thoroughly.
Brush the remaining tablespoon of butter over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Arrange the sliced potatoes in the pie plate and then sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese evenly over the potatoes.
Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender. After about 45 minutes, check for over-browning. Tent with a sheet of foil if necessary.