- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 17 ounces Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch Caramel Ice Cream Topping (divided)
- 1/2 can (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 3 Heath bars (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 (or whatever temp it says on the cake box)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cake plus vanilla extract and cornstarch. Bake according to package directions in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Poke holes into the top of the cake using the end of a wooden spoon or a large meat fork.
- In a small bowl, combine about 3/4 of the ice cream topping (save the other 1/4 for later) with sweetened condensed milk. Mix well.
- Pour over the top of the cake, spreading if necessary to cover the whole cake. Then, spread Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped Heath bars and drizzle with remaining ice cream topping. Chill until serving.