- 1 package Oreos (14.3 oz or 45 cookies)
- 1 cup (8 oz or 226 g) cream cheese,, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups (437 g) semisweet chocolate (or white chocolate)
- Sprinkles for decorating, optional
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the cream cheese and pulse until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and cover it. Place in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or wax paper). Take the truffle mixture out of the fridge. Use a 1-inch cookie scoop to scoop mixture and roll into 1-inch balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet and transfer to the freezer for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a makeshift double boiler (see notes for microwave instructions). Place chocolate chips in a heat-safe glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Gently stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove truffles from freezer. Using dipping tools or two forks to dip a truffle in the melted chocolate and coat evenly. Gently tap off the excess chocolate on the side of the bowl and return truffle to the tray. Immediately add sprinkles if desired as the chocolate will harden quickly. Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three weeks.