- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate, grated
- 1 1/2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Place rack in top third of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl, add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Grind oatmeal in a blender or food processor until fine. Combine oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl and gradually add to butter mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Grate chocolate bar using a microplane grater and add to dough along with chocolate chips and nuts. Mix just to combine.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Enjoy!