Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 35 Min Serves: 50-60 pieces (makes Lots)
MIX 1ST 3 ITEMS TOGETHER, MIX WELL
1 lb bag sweetened coconut
1 lb- box powdered sugar
1 can(s) (Eagle brand) 14 oz size sweetened condensed milk, (do not use evaporated milk)
3 C almonds
1 bag chocolate chips or chocolate almond bark
IF CHOC/BARK IS TOO THICK TO DIP CANDY
see note below: parrafin wax as needed, approx. 1/2 block wax to 1 1/2 lb chocolate (add to chocolate little at a time in small chunks ) this keeps your chocolate thin when dipping
1. Mix powder sugar and Sweetened CONDENSED MILK together. (DO NOT USE EVAPORATED MILK) Blend well. Next add coconut, stirring till well blended. (Mixture will be thick.)
2. With buttered hands, form into logs to cut into 1/1/2″ long pieces or roll into balls to shape for Mounds. Candy MUST CHILL until chocolate is melted and ready to dip chocolates. (Chilling candy makes for easier dipping.) Optional: see Almond Joy below; top with almond on each.
3. Melt chocolate chips or almond bark, on med-low heat in double boiler. Make sure this choc is THIN, to coat the candy. NOTE: If chocolate or bark gets too thick to dip candy, add a little paraffin wax to the chocolate to thin to needed consistency. Use only a little at a time. Melt into chocolate (approx 1 TBS) you can always add more as needed.
4. Dip each chilled Mound candy into chocolate with toothpick or small slotted spoon. Place on parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet to set… chill til set and remove from refrigerator.
5. FOR ALMOND JOY; Press one or two almonds slightly into top of the mounds, before dipping into chocolate.
6. Tip: Use buttered hands to roll your candy or Mounds, this makes it so much easier. Store in covered tin in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 1/2 before serving candies.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!