- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rice or tortillas for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook until barely pink, and drain fat as needed.
- Add onion, potatoes, and carrots. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft and meat is cooked through. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Stir in tomato sauce and beef broth. Add cumin, oregano, and bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Cover and let cook 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in peas, and continue cooking uncovered until potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has cooked down.
- Serve with tortillas or rice and enjoy!