2 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mixes
water for mixing cake mixes, go by directions on boxes
use melted butter for cake mixes instead of oil, for amount go by directions on the box
1 can(s) crushed pineapple, 20 oz., drained
3 bananas, cut and smashed
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 c chopped pecans
1 dash(es) salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 pkg cream cheese softened 8 oz.
1 pkg confectioners’ sugar, 16 oz.
1 stick salted butter, softened
1-2 Tbsp milk
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 and grease a large square cake pan (like 12×18). If you do not have a 12×18 pan, a 9×13 will work. Just cut all the ingredients in half.
2. First, mix cake mixes according to directions on the boxes except using melted butter in place of oil. Also, add vanilla extract.
3. Next add pineapple, mashed bananas, cinnamon, salt, and pecans.
4. Mix all this together well.
5. Pour into pan and cook for 25 to 30 min or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cool and ice with cream cheese frosting.
6. For the frosting, add cream cheese to the mixing bowl. Add butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
7. Add milk, a little a the time, to get the consistency you want it to be.
8. Then frost cake after it cools and enjoys.