-ADVERTISEMENT-

All Recipes Easy Recipes

HOT HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS

-ADVERTISEMENT-

HOT HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS

-ADVERTISEMENT-

Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 12 pinwheels

These Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are the best appetizers! I cannot think of a better appetizer than these pinwheels to start my meals! The fluffy, soft pizza dough makes me want to munch on these pinwheels until they are all gone. And the homey maple-glazed ham with melty Swiss cheese is to die for. To finish everything up, these pinwheels are topped with brown sugar poppy seed glaze and baked to golden, gooey, and crispy perfection!

Ingredients

Pinwheels:

1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust

3/4 pound deli ham (thinly sliced, but not shaved)

12 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)

Glaze:

1/2 c. (8 tbsp) butter

2 tbsp brown sugar

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp Dijon mustard

1 tbsp poppy seeds

How to make Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels

Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees F. Using a cooking spray, grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.

Step 2: Onto a cutting board, unroll the pizza dough, and press it into about 13 x 18-inch rectangle. Top the pizza dough with ham and cheese slices, then tightly roll the edge beginning on the longer side of the rectangle. Pinch the seam together upon reaching the end. Before cutting the roll into 12 slices about 1-inch wide, make sure to flip the roll first so the seam is facing down. Into the prepared baking dish, arrange the slices.

Step 3: In a saucepan, whisk the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds in over medium heat until the butter has melted and the glaze is smooth. Over the rolls, pour the glaze.

Step 4: Tent the pinwheels and store them in the fridge (unbaked) for up to 24 hours. If serving right away, bake the pinwheels in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, uncovered, until golden and brown.

Step 5: Remove from the oven when done and serve right away. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts:

Serves: 12, Amount Per Serving: Calories 231, Total Fat 17.8g 23%, Cholesterol 64.2mg 21%, Sodium 562.6mg 24%, Total Carbohydrate 5.1g 2%, Sugars 2g , Protein 13.1g 26%, Vitamin A13%, Vitamin C0%

-ADVERTISEMENT-