- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 sticks 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and honey. Stir until it is completely combined.
- Cut the butter into chunks and add it to flour.
- With a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until it’s the size of small peas. Add the milk and honey mixture to the flour and mix gently just until there are no dry spots.
- Flour your work surface and turn the dough out. Roll out the dough to about an inch thick.
- With a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut as many biscuits as you can.
- Re-roll the scraps and cut more biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. If you like soft sides, place the biscuits so they touch. If you want the sides more crisp, keep them separated. Brush the top of the biscuits with milk, butter, or cream.
- Bake until the tops are nicely browned, about 12-14 minutes.
- Melt butter and stir in honey for topping.
After removing from the biscuits from your oven brush tops with honey and butter mixture.