Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 20 Min
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 c unsalted butter
1 1/3 c sugar
2 Tbsp loose Earl Grey tea leaves ( about 5 bags)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c water (these 3 ingredients for glaze)
4 Earl Grey tea bags
2 c sifted icing sugar
1. Grease a 9 x 5 pan.
2. In a bowl whisk together the flour and salt to blend. Set aside.
3. In a bowl beat the butter, sugar, tea leaves and vanilla on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy and the scent of the tea leaves begins to emerge. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture in 3 parts beating until combined. Pour into pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 350 or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool.
6. Glaze: Bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the teabags and let steep for five minutes until very strong.
7. Remove tea bags and stir in powdered sugar. Drizzle over cake.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!