- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes. Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Add remaining flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto a countertop or work surface and divide dough in half. Shape each section into logs that are 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap each log in plastic and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Once chilled, slice logs into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Place rounds on prepared baking sheets 1-inch apart. Bake until firm around the edges but soft in the center, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.