- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Fresh parsley, minced, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in chicken, orzo, dried thyme, and rosemary. Simmer for 20 minutes, reducing heat if necessary, until orzo is cooked through and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with fresh parsley. Enjoy!