- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk, warmed to body temp
- 1 stick of butter, melted and divided in two
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon honey butter, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together yeast, water, warm milk, sugar, 4 tablespoons of melted butter and the beaten egg.
- Add flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
- Remove dough to a greased surface. Knead dough for 5 minutes folding and slapping the dough on top of itself, until a smooth elastic dough is formed and it no longer stick’s to the surface. (Use a bench scraper to help knead dough)
- Let dough proof in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and on a floured surface and roll the dough into a ½’ rectangle. Cut 12 rolls out of the dough and evenly spread onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Brush with a little melted butter and cover rolls with damp paper towel. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and serve with cinnamon honey butter.