2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
Salt and pepper, to taste
Seasoned salt, to taste
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 cups water
2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 14 (4-inch) skewers
- (9×13-inch) baking dish
- Wire rack
- Thread 2 to 3 pork cubes onto the skewers. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt on all sides. Set skewers aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In a separate shallow bowl, pour in the seasoned bread crumbs. Set a wire rack in the baking dish. Pour water into the dish, making sure it doesn’t touch the wire rack.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large, heavy-bottom saucepan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip the skewers into the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs. Repeat the step so each skewer gets coated twice.
- Gently lay the skewers into the deep-fryer and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place cooked skewers on the wire rack. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the dish for 20 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink in the center. Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes to crisp up the crumb coating. Serve and enjoy!