1 1/2 cups peanut butter sandwich cookie crumbs i.e. Nutter Butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup scant confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 pkg 4-serving size instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1-2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces chopped peanuts or chopped peanut butter cups (optional)
- Spray the bottom of an 8×8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all the crust ingredients and pack firmly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the Layer #1 ingredients, and beat well to incorporate. Spread on top of the crumbs in the pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix for 1-2 minutes. Pour on top of the cream cheese layer, spreading it to even it out.
- Chill for about 30 minutes, then top with whipped topping.
- Chill thoroughly–at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle additional optional toppings on top. May also be served with caramel sauce and/or chocolate syrup.