For the dumplings:
- 2 (8 oz.) tubes crescent rolls
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, & cut in quarters
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 8 T. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the topping:
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into individual triangles. Place an apple quarter at the wide end of a crescent roll triangle and roll dough around the apple, from wide dough end to small. Place in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining crescent dough triangles and apple quarters.
- Place water and the 1 1/2 cups sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the hot sugar water over the apple dumplings in the baking dish. Then, pour melted butter over the dumplings.
- Mix together ground cinnamon and the 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the apple dumplings
- Bake at 350℉ for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- You can also use a 12-ounce can of Sprite or other lemon-lime soda instead of the sugar-water, if you’d like. Diet soda also works just fine.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream when serving if you’d like. Both are super tasty with the warm dumplings.