- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 bottle beer*
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and black pepper
- (optional: 1 jalapeno, stem removed and diced, leaving the seeds in for extra heat if desired)
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Top with salsa verde and beer, and sprinkle with cumin and season with a few generous pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Use a pair of tons or a spoon to turn the chicken so that both sides are coated. Cover. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat, or 7-8 hours on low heat.
- The chicken is ready when easily shreds with a fork. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker, and toss with the juices. Then remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and serve warm. Or, store the shredded chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- *If you want to make this gluten-free, you can either use gluten-free beer. Or replace the beer with chicken broth.